*By Appointment Only
Exciting news from Wellesley Animal Hospital!
We are now offering TELEHEALTH virtual video chat appointments!! Talk with our doctors from the comfort and safety of your own home. It is an easy way to have a virtual hospital visit using your phone or tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
Why a virtual appointment?
We get it. Not all pets are elated to go to the vet (although some of our patients strangely are!). Virtual appointments eliminate the stress of bringing your pet into the hospital.
We also know your time is valuable. A virtual appointment eliminates the need to take time out of your busy day to travel to the hospital.
Finally, in these exceptional circumstances surrounding COVID-19, virtual appointments are needed more than ever before to encourage social distancing while still getting your pets the medical attention they need.
How does it work?
- Virtual appointment services may be used by any current or new client!
- Book your appointment online HERE.
- At the time of your appointment, visit doxy.me/wellesleyanimalhospital to enter the virtual waiting room.
- Our veterinarian will join the platform at the time of your appointment to initiate the consultation.
Virtual appointments are great for certain situations, such as:
- skin issues
- behaviour concerns
- stable chronic illnesses
- nutrition consults
- triage (a.k.a. is an in-person visit really necessary?)
- parasite prevention visits for dogs previously seen 6 months ago or less
On the flip side, there are some cases that cannot be dealt with through virtual appointments, such as:
- toxin ingestion
- “ain’t doing right” pets
- unusual lumps or bumps
- blood and urine testing
If you are not sure if your visit would qualify for a virtual appointment, please contact us to see what type of visit would work best for your pet. The current fee for a 15-minute virtual appointment is $65+ HST.
Please be assured that your private information will be protected during the interaction.